Friday, January 2, 2009

New Resolutions

Do you have any?

I decided to go with a just a couple this year. Last year I made too many and only accomplished one of them. Ali Edwards had us choose a word to represent what we wanted through 2008--this year I'm choosing SIMPLIFY. I need to de-clutter-- de-stress--minimalize what I have so I can lead a happier, healthier life. Do you have a word for 2009? I think I'm going to make a HUGE sign with my word on it and place it in my kitchen where I'll see it everyday.

Aren't these collage flowers from Prima just adorable??? Hero Arts just came out with them for 2009 and I think they are perfectly shabby chic--don't you? Finally broke out some old My Mind's Eye papers and they matched perfectly!



And here's another little mini- stamps are Hero Arts, paper by Cosmo Cricket, felt by Fancy Pants, brads by Making MEmories, ribbon by Basics. I love having little mini cards on hand!

Have a wonderful day!! I hope you get a chance to be creative!!
hugs,
Kandis

4 comments:

Daniela Dobson said...

No resolutions for me. I love your word, I might have to borrow it to do the same.
I LOVE both of these cards. The colors are stunning and so is that tree!

Tami H said...

Gorgeous cards girl! I could use some serious "simplify" too! Another one I just read someone picked was "now"...living in the moment, enjoying the now. I could use a good dose of that as well. Better yet...SIMPLIFY. NOW. ;)

Sherry Wright said...

Great word/theme for the year Kandis! Love he cards you made you work wonders with the HA stamps. ;) Happy New year!!

Kristine said...

Absolutely LOVE your flower cards--wow. Great idea--simplify. I kinda did that by quitting one of my jobs that just wasn't enhancing my life at all...just causing frustration, so I "SIMPLIFIED" =)