Monday, May 23, 2011

Poor baby Cooper...

Last Tuesday I woke up at 4am to find Cooper burning up. I took his temperature and it read 101. So I called the Dr and they told me to take him to the ER. Turns out they wanted to hospitalize him for 48 hours because they thought he might have Meningitis. Cooper only had a fever, and no reason for it--no ear infection, no cold, no flu, etc. So they were worried about him. He had to have blood tests, urine tests, and two Spinal taps. Poor guy. It just about killed me. The thing he hated the most was his little IV--it kept getting folded back on its self and the nurses would have to mess with it to get it going again and he did NOT like it!

We are home now--glad to be away from the hospital. I think Cooper is glad to see his brothers again--even if they are tackling him all the time! :)






Glad to be back home! Give your little ones a kiss!
hugs,
Kandis

10 comments:

Lulu said...

Oh Kandis.. :( That must have been miserable! So glad to hear all is well now. Hugs to you guys!!

Daniela Dobson said...

Poor baby. I am glad he is back home.

Tiffany Ervin said...

Aw..poor sweet boy! So sorry you all had to go through that! Am glad he is home now!!

cathi said...

Congratulation to your sweet little Wonder. A good time for you and your family.

Oliko said...

Poor little boy :< I hope he feels better now!
Take care *hugs*

Oliko

Danielle Flanders said...

Oh, that breaks my heart. I hope he's ok. Did they find out what was wrong? It's so hard seeing your little ones go through times like that. I had to tell you how cute he is though. Just a handsome little man lying there! You can tell already he's going to be dashing like his brothers!!
xo
Danielle

Youngs said...

So glad he's back home where he belongs!

Anonymous said...

awww, glad he is home & recovering...hugs to him & the family!!!!

Jen Gallacher said...

I am so, so sorry you guys had to go through this, Kandis. :(

Cami said...

Hi Kandis, How horrible for you!!!! I know exactly what you have gone through. My little guy ended up getting meningitis and it is a horrible thing to go through. The poor little guys with their iv's in them. Just not fun. I'm so glad to hear that you are home safe and sound.